Ten Steps to a Successful Salon Grand Opening
So, you’re ready to open your own salon. That’s great! In order to get ready for your grand opening, you’ll need to take care of a few things before opening your doors for good.
Here are ten steps you’ll want to take to make your grand opening one people don’t forget:
1. Create a budget for your grand opening. Decide how much you want to spend on advertising, refreshments, labor, and entertainment.
2. Advertise to businesses as well as individual clients. Offer area businesses a reason to visit your salon. Provide them with a discount for showing a valid ID or presenting a coupon.
3. Contact the media. Free advertising is a great way to make people aware of your business. Contact the proper media outlets a few weeks in advance so they can make time to interview you.
4. Set up a Facebook event. Reach more people by inviting members of your community to visit your salon on its first day of being open. Make sure to list the highlights of your grand opening, the location of your salon, the products and services you offer, as well as the date and time of the event.
5. Have enough staff on hand to provide services. You’re going to generate a lot of interest from the public on your first day so plan accordingly. Have extra staff on hand to help with the demand.
6. Demo the different services you provide to interested clients. Show others what your services entail by doing five minute free massages or selecting someone from the crowd to get a facial in exchange for participating in the demonstration.
7. Showcase the salon itself by inviting people in and having them try out the beauty salon furniture. The furniture you select for your salon speaks volumes about the type of service you plan to provide. Choose a variety of massage tables, facial beds, and pedicure stations to use and showcase.
8. Have vendors on hand to present information about the different products your salon uses and sells. Let everyone see why your salon is great by getting to know the products it offers and learn how to use them the right way.
9. Hand out door prizes. Who doesn’t love free spa and salon treatments? Offer a few gift certificates throughout the day to the winners you select.
10. Start a mailing list. Keep in touch with potential clients by getting their contact information. Even if they don’t have the time or money to schedule an appointment with you today, they likely will in the future.
Prepare for your grand opening by following the tips listed above. It’ll help introduce your salon and its products and services to the public. The more people are aware of what you have to offer prior to your launch date, the better. That’s why advertising is key.